My decent into the Indieweb continues...
I have been working as I can to keep adding new features to OpenBlog. And I have to say, I am pretty proud of what I have done thus far. '
New features now include having Notes, showing mentions of my posts and notes, and just recently I have finally started adding the ability to actually send webmentions. Now the question is. What to work on next.
Here is the current list
- clean up admin controls - This will be necessary at some point since I want to have this responsive enough to work on my phone. Posting a quick note from mobile would be great. Currently many of the controls don't even work.
- fix the design - I am no artist, but I clearly know this site needs a lot of work. The header could certainly use fixing and comment display is not pretty. I also have a lot to learn to make sure all my microformats markup is correct.
- Syndicate to Silos - I want to at least syndicate to 1 location as a test, but really I feel this should wait until my site looks halfway decent. (see previous entry)
- indieAuth - I'd like to be able to have friends easily able to log in with indieAuth to my site and from there get my personal info and get access to anything extra I add (private photos, etc.) This could be pretty essential for some of the things I want to really get to work on.
- Contacts List - I want to have a page the gets populated from friend's sites that is my list of contacts and info. Personal access only, and a mobile design. Basically start to implement Tantek's Mobile Communication Ideas. This would mean translating my current address book in (probably just some csv import so I have a start point too).
- Anything else you can suggest.
What do you guys think I should work on next?